Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Image in slicer changes to URL, bug check.

Could someone let me know if they see this behavior.

I have a list of URL's where I've set the Data Category to Image URL in modeling.

On the report canvas, I drop the image on the work surface and I see that the images show correctly in table/matrix and the default vertical slicer, but when I change the slicer to horizontal, the image changes to the URL instead of showing the image. I am on version 2.35.4399.381 - which I think is the latest...  Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

I would like to confirm this as a wider issue, and I'll create an issue post if others see the same thing. Thx

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

I have reproduced the issue like yours in the latest Power BI desktop version ( Version: 2.35.4399.601 64-bit (May 2016)). The image URL data will not generate images if the slicer orientation is horizontal. I will report this issue internally and keep you updated if I get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Seth_C_Bauer, thank you for reporting this issue. We got the confirmation from PG team that: The image support for horizontal slicer was not implemented at the beginning. And PMs and Dev Managers are aware of this issue. This will eventually get implemented based on the priority.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.