Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Romeshdefonseka
Frequent Visitor

Image URL to display Image not working

I currently have a table that references a list of image URLs, however when i put these in a visual the image does not show up displays only a 'broken image'.  

I have also done the following; 

1. Set the field to Image URL

1.PNG

2. Using image Viewer

2.PNG

I suspect it is an bug with my power BI version. I have done a considerable amount of reading on this topic - yet with no success. 

3.PNG

Would really appreciate assistance with this regard. How can I get the image to show up?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Romeshdefonseka 

Here ‘s an image link for your test to make sure the point is not about the version of desktop you used : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6047i8C8157EC4645A11A/image-size/large?v=...

If you’d like to add the url link to image, you'll need to save the image file online and link to it. Make sure special credentials aren't required to access the image file. For example, OneDrive and SharePoint require authentication, so images stored there can't be added  in this way.

But there’s a solution when you need the image stored in Onerdrive/Sharepoint, please refer to the solved case for details: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Image-viewer-working-for-Web-URL-not-for-One-Drive-or-Share...

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DanushkaF
Regular Visitor

Thanks your solution, the solution is the best... 😊 🙌 ,

So I have 10000 images therefore that images I covered image used from the Power query.

Also, 70% - successful, but 25%  + more-  half image and 4% or 3% images are crashed. 🤔I think power query has limited characters 🙁  ......

Can you please have you any solution for that issue?

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Romeshdefonseka 

Here ‘s an image link for your test to make sure the point is not about the version of desktop you used : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/6047i8C8157EC4645A11A/image-size/large?v=...

If you’d like to add the url link to image, you'll need to save the image file online and link to it. Make sure special credentials aren't required to access the image file. For example, OneDrive and SharePoint require authentication, so images stored there can't be added  in this way.

But there’s a solution when you need the image stored in Onerdrive/Sharepoint, please refer to the solved case for details: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Image-viewer-working-for-Web-URL-not-for-One-Drive-or-Share...

Best regards,

Dina Ye

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hello Dina, 

Thank you very much for your response.

Your lmage URL did work.  Would you know the reason for my other image URLs to not work? 

Best Regards, 

Romesh

Hi @Romeshdefonseka ,

The version i used is : 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019). probably you can try to upgrade the version in your hand

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors