cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Image URL not working

So one thing is sure that this image is accessible. Now next step why you cannot see it in PowerBI. Stay tuned, will look into it

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Kudos Help Smiley Happy
Connect with me on Linkedin. Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

SwayamSelf Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@Greg_Deckler,

I also tried with your url . its still not working. I am on 64-bit february too.Picture4.jpg

Bordalos Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hi @SwayamSelf it works fine for me:

I've just tested it in multiple formats and the image shows in all * 

* Matrix doesnt work in  values as expected

Capture.PNG
the code here 

// test URL image 

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("HcsxDoAgDADAv3QWikQXv0IYCDao0ZZg1fh7E2+/EKA0IoYOFtU6ITZiuZOuXPjNNsuBTzVZWIkVr7pLmk/0rh/RefyvcYPdaoEYPw==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Color = _t, URL = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Color", type text}, {"URL", type text}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Super User
Super User

@SwayamSelf- I hate to ask this, but are you connected to the Internet? That's the only reason I can imagine that you wouldn't see the image displayed. Obviously you are since you are posting on here but that's really strange. What regional language pack are you on? Can't imagine that would make a difference but maybe. I can't find anything in Options that would disable images from working but you might play around with Security and/or Privacy settings.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

SwayamSelf Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks everybody . I think its a problem with thme laptop settings . It worked after windows update from admin.

narendra1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

i copied your code and pasted in a blank query.

i did change this url to image url. still power bi displaying broken image.

could you please help me in case any settings need to change for system or for Power BI desktop.

useful.png

Thank you,

Narendra.

Bordalos Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @narendra1,

I don't see why it is not working on your side.  I have just tested it now and is all ok for me. 

I would suggest you try to load a simple table like the below and set up the URL col as Image URL

url images.png

Name		URL
green		http://renovatingnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/green-04.jpg
Wikipedia	https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg/150px-Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg.png

you must get something like  

Url table.png