Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image URL not working

i am trying to show a gren indicator in my table. I have converted the column as an Image URL. Still the indicator not showing in the table. Please help.Picture1.pngPicture2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody . I think its a problem with thme laptop settings . It worked after windows update from admin.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Marjore77
Helper I
Helper I

I was using Sharepoint images which showed up for some and not for others.

After a lot of research, these two solutions solved my problem:

1) Embed the images within your report (Base64)

2) For Sharepoint images: embed the Power BI report on a Sharepoint page

Source: this article details these solutions and reasons for the image problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, I know it's a bit of old topic. But not sure what is happening to me here.

So the Image grid it is working fine when I open the report in Chrome, BUT the images still do not appear in the 'project' in the desktop power BI app, and neither in the report that I added in my Teams. This is how I see it, do you know why?

ldomecq-1987_0-1592550786352.png

Hello, I am having the same issue with the URL working fine but the image would not upload on Power BI Desktop. Anyone have any solutions?

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Download the latest version of Power BI Desktop and try again.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Is your image publically accessible using URL?

As @Greg_Deckler suggested, can you share the URL here and see if it can be accessed by everyone.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

synergised
Resolver II
Resolver II

Images are not shown in the Matrix grid detail.  You endup with "First Image UrL".  "First/Last" will only see it as string value. There is an enhancement request out here somewhere for this.. for First and Last to use the datatype and display the image --- but doesn't seem to be high on anybody's priorities list.  I think it would be an easy win -- then you could at least show some home grown KPI's in the matrix.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/18894082-show-images-as-values-in...

Anonymous
Not applicable

The URL itself is working and as you can see the data category is also assigned to Image URL.

It is not working for any of the tables with Image urls.

Also I am using PBIdesktop 64 bit version.

I can't recreate this with this data:

Column1Column2

Greenhttp://renovatingnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/green-04.jpg

Can you post the URL that you are using? The one above works in a slicer, table, etc. I am on 64-bit February.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler,

I also tried with your url . its still not working. I am on 64-bit february too.Picture4.jpg

@Anonymous- I hate to ask this, but are you connected to the Internet? That's the only reason I can imagine that you wouldn't see the image displayed. Obviously you are since you are posting on here but that's really strange. What regional language pack are you on? Can't imagine that would make a difference but maybe. I can't find anything in Options that would disable images from working but you might play around with Security and/or Privacy settings.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody . I think its a problem with thme laptop settings . It worked after windows update from admin.

hi @Anonymous it works fine for me:

I've just tested it in multiple formats and the image shows in all * 

* Matrix doesnt work in  values as expected

Capture.PNG
the code here 

// test URL image 

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("HcsxDoAgDADAv3QWikQXv0IYCDao0ZZg1fh7E2+/EKA0IoYOFtU6ITZiuZOuXPjNNsuBTzVZWIkVr7pLmk/0rh/RefyvcYPdaoEYPw==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Color = _t, URL = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Color", type text}, {"URL", type text}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Hi,

i copied your code and pasted in a blank query.

i did change this url to image url. still power bi displaying broken image.

could you please help me in case any settings need to change for system or for Power BI desktop.

useful.png

Thank you,

Narendra.

Hi @narendra1,

I don't see why it is not working on your side.  I have just tested it now and is all ok for me. 

I would suggest you try to load a simple table like the below and set up the URL col as Image URL

url images.png

Name		URL
green		http://renovatingnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/green-04.jpg
Wikipedia	https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg/150px-Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg.png

you must get something like  

Url table.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

So one thing is sure that this image is accessible. Now next step why you cannot see it in PowerBI. Stay tuned, will look into it

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@Anonymous Does it work when used in a slicer?

Rfranca
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

hi, @Anonymous @Greg_Deckler

You must change the field property ...
Menu> Modeling> Property>
Change to IMAGE URL

Please try and test using it. And please mark the right reply as answer if your issue has been resolved, otherwise, please feel free to ask if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Rfranca

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you post the full URL of the image you are trying to display?

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.