Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jagostinhoCT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Image URL not showing after installing PowerBI Desktop 2.100.785.0

The image is not showing after installing PowerBI Desktop 2.100.785.

Is this a bug or has something changed on how to set them up?

Thank you

jagostinhoCT_0-1641382226823.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jagostinhoCT ,

Thanks for your reply. The problem has been reported internally: Incident 282586723. I will update you if there is any progress. 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The same thing happens to me, how have you solved it? Thank you!

We debugged the situation and found that now that PowerBI is running on WebView2 engine, it requires that the webserver hosting the images runs on HTTPS protocol.

Plain HTTP doesn't work anymore.

We activated HTTPS on the webserver and everything started working again.

Roberto

I am using other images hosted on a URL that I control.

visheshjain
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @jagostinhoCT ,

I see you are using a URL for an image.

Please can you check if the URL is still working.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Did I answer your question?
If yes, then please mark my post as a solution!

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @visheshjain ,

Yes. I checked it. It is still working.

Hi @jagostinhoCT ,

I am using the same version of desktop as you and the same image url link and all three images are displayed properly in Table visual. Are you using table visual or another visual? If you publish the corresponding report to Power BI Service, will these images can display properly in Power BI Service?

yingyinr_0-1641804800977.png

You can get the download path of the previous version through the link below, download Power BI Desktop and revert the version of Power BI Desktop to the previous one where the image url can be displayed normally.

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the multi-row card.

The visual started working fine in PBI Desktop after I revert it to Version: 2.99.862.0 64-bit (November 2021) but it is still not working if I publish it to the PBI Service.

The image below is a snapshot of the published online report page with the missing images circled in red.

jagostinhoCT_0-1641808532003.png

Hi @jagostinhoCT ,

The relevant support staff gave the following response:

This is an error coming from the server where the image is hosted. It stopped working on December 2021 release because we upgraded an internal component to match the latest version of Edge browser.

The image server is replying with:

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

<p>The owner of this website (www.iconsdb.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/icons/preview/green/circle-xxl.png).</p>

This seems to be related to the image server, you will need to contact the image server owner later to find out why it is being blocked...

Best Regards

Hi @jagostinhoCT ,

Thanks for your reply. The problem has been reported internally: Incident 282586723. I will update you if there is any progress. 

Best Regards

Has it been fixed?

Our images in PowerBI worked for years and then stopped working since a couple of months.

Both in PBI Desktop and PBI Service.

Thank you

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jagostinhoCT , Please check if any issue reported on this  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

if needed, log a new one 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.