Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sophie63
Helper I
Helper I

Image URL in a report - Do not appear

Hi,

I am trying to include images in a table.I have the following Excel Sheet that I linked to my data table:

excel.PNG

I changed the data type to Image URL. But here is what I get :

imagerror.PNG

The images appear as "stickers" and we cannot see the real image...

Does someone have a clue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As I suspected. You need to follow the links all the way until you get to the actual image file itself. Otherwise the URL is just a webpage that contains an image somewhere in its code. So for the up arrow for instance you would use...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Green_Arrow_Up.svg

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm suspicious that these are not direct image file urls, but rather google images viewer urls. Can you post the full urls of a few of them?

As I suspected. You need to follow the links all the way until you get to the actual image file itself. Otherwise the URL is just a webpage that contains an image somewhere in its code. So for the up arrow for instance you would use...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Green_Arrow_Up.svg

@KHorseman

Indeed, you are right. I did a stupid URL copy-pasting ....

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Wiki images are a pain too because even if you get out of Google Images and back to the source, their viewer page urls look like image file urls even though they really aren't.

Hi,

I have the following excel sheet with the URL of the image I want to include in my report: excel.PNG

I linked it to my data table and changed the type to Image URL. But I get the following:imagerror2.png

The images appear as "Stickers" and we cannot see them. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

Hi @sophie63

Can you please post the data in text format to help us test.  It's cut off in the image that you posted so hard to reproduce.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamarkduplicate thread, already solved here http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Image-URL-in-a-report-Do-not-appear/m-p/147821#M63782

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.