Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nzaccountant
Frequent Visitor

Image URL creation

Hi there

is there a way of creating image URL's yourself? I have a set of images that are static files (not image URL's) and I want to create URL's for them, and then use these to create a relationship with one of the tables in my model. 

Thanks

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nzaccountant 

Image URLs mean that the images are from the web or hold in online platforms, so they have Web URLs that Power BI can use to get them. These cannot be paths for local images. The URLs need to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.

Display images in a table or matrix in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you hold images in local machines, you need to convert images to Base64 encoded strings and format them to image URLs.

Storing Images in a PowerBI/Analysis Services Data Models | Gerhard Brueckl on BI & Data

Other references:

Using OneDrive to Embed and Host Images for Power BI - Reporting/Analytics Made easy with FourMoo an...

Display images from OneDrive in PowerBI Report - Microsoft Power BI Community

Working with images in Power BI Desktop reports

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nzaccountant 

Image URLs mean that the images are from the web or hold in online platforms, so they have Web URLs that Power BI can use to get them. These cannot be paths for local images. The URLs need to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.

Display images in a table or matrix in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you hold images in local machines, you need to convert images to Base64 encoded strings and format them to image URLs.

Storing Images in a PowerBI/Analysis Services Data Models | Gerhard Brueckl on BI & Data

Other references:

Using OneDrive to Embed and Host Images for Power BI - Reporting/Analytics Made easy with FourMoo an...

Display images from OneDrive in PowerBI Report - Microsoft Power BI Community

Working with images in Power BI Desktop reports

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Thank you for your response

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nzaccountant , need more details.

Say you have a common URL  - HTTP://www.abc.com/ and you want to filter for item

you can create a new column with item column in table

New URL = "HTTP://www.abc.com/item=" & [Item]

you can add other stuff

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Thanks - I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly?

I don't have any URL at the moment, just the pictures. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.