Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Orstenpowers
Post Patron
Post Patron

Illustration of difference between order intake and forecast

Dear all,

Hello! I am very new here and after trying a lot of internet research, "try & error" I recognize that I need some kind of support from your end...hopefully I won't bore you.

The below screenshot illustrates some business figures, the budget and the OI figures for a certain time period.

(I do not know if it is important or not, in the basis Excel file there is one column containing all values, while another column defines whwther it is a budget value or a OI value).

Now I would like to illustrate the difference (in %) between OI and budget, but I don't get managed. So for the first row, I would like to see a value of -1.16%.

How to do so???

sc001.jpg

I am looking forward to your help that is highly appreciated...

BR,

Orstenpowers

14 REPLIES 14
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Orstenpowers

Try a MEASURE like

=
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Data[Values] ), Data[Budget or Order Income] = "OI" )
    / CALCULATE ( SUM ( Data[Values] ), Data[Budget or Order Income] = "Budget" )

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

@Zubair_Muhammad

Great, it works! Thank you so much!

The result of the formula is shown twice!? How can I remove/ hide one of these two columns?

How can I change the value from -0.12 into -12%?

Thanks in advance for your (or others) help! 🙂

@Orstenpowers

Just select your MEASURE from the FIELDS.

Then from the MODELLING TAB you can choose % formatting

FormatMeasure.png

Regards
Zubair

So easy!? You just need to know how to do. Again, thanks!

sc002.jpg

Do you also have an idea how to remove/ hide the first "Deviation" column?

HI @Orstenpowers

You can hide the first deviation column by dragging it with your Mouse from the corner.....Just like you do in EXCEL

Regards
Zubair

Hello @Zubair_Muhammad,

Normally I know well about the Excel functionalities, but right now I feel a bit "stupid", but the only handling of this column looks as follows:

sc004.jpg

But if I choose "Ausschließen" ("exclude"), two columns "Budget AmountEUR" and "Deviation (rel)" are removed...but only the marked column should disappear...Smiley Frustrated

Hi @Orstenpowers

My apologies... I didn't explain it well enough...

Actually from the  border of every  column you can simply rezise it... Just by hodling your mousebutton and dragging it

Please send me your file...if you are unable to do so

Regards
Zubair

Hi @Zubair_Muhammad,

now I made it. However, by doing so I just set the width of this column to 0, right? In consequence I see that the rows are higher now...

Isn't it possible to suppress a column like you can do in Excel?

HI @Orstenpowers

Please turn off the WORD WRAP property for both "VALUES" and "COLUMN HEADERS"

Hopefully this will fix it.. Please See the image below

wordwrap.png

Regards
Zubair

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

sc005.jpg

@Zubair_Muhammad!

Thank you very much for your huge contribution! I never had made it without your support!

@Zubair_Muhammad:

So far, so good. 🙂

However, to get it completed, I now need to add two further columns.

Before explaining which ones, some words about the current composition of the table.

The report currently is filtered by Month (January) and Year (2018).

The additional columns should be as follows:

1st column: OI AmountEUR of Year 2017 (even better would be a reference to the other year value – 1, so that I can always produce a comparison to prev. year, depending on the selection of the “newer” year)

2nd column: Deviation (rel) between OI AmountEUR of Year 2017 and OI AmountEUR of Year 2018 (second column at the moment)

Can you help me to get this setup accordingly?

Filters are set as follows at the moment:

sc006.jpg

HI @Orstenpowers

Try this MEASURE

OI AmountEUR of Previous Year =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Data[OI AmountEUR] ),
    FILTER ( ALL ( Data[Year] ), Data[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE ( Data[Year] ) - 1 )
)

Regards
Zubair

Hello @Zubair_Muhammad,

Your proposal seems to work, but something is strange.

I am looking at six different geographic regions with two different tables. One, including your proposal, the other one is an own creation.

4 out of six regions show the same results, that's good. But for two regions, the results are different. With your proposal, some values obviously are not considered for these two regions. I cannot find the difference in the setup that causes this...Smiley Sad

Something else:

To my original Excel file I added a column with the ISO 3166 country codes. Now I would like to upload this info into my Power BI, but I don't get it done...can you help me?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.