Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deanludford

Ignoring filters on text columns

Hi,

I have created a stock movements report, there are measures for Opening, closing and different types of movements in a selected period using a date slicer (based on the posting date of the stock movement).

The problem i am having is that if there is no movement in the date range the stock item is excluded from the list even though it doess have an opening and closing balance. It makes sense as to why its excluded but is there any way that I can ignore a specific filter or slicer on a text column?

TIA

deanludford_0-1634042161025.png

Many Thanks

Dean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deanludford

I managed to get this working but by making changes to the dataset in power query.

I created a new table with all of the item numbers and merged with a table with all month ends in. Then appended to the stock movement tables.

Then created a new measure to filter out the records that had no open/closing/movements within the selected range

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
deanludford

I managed to get this working but by making changes to the dataset in power query.

I created a new table with all of the item numbers and merged with a table with all month ends in. Then appended to the stock movement tables.

Then created a new measure to filter out the records that had no open/closing/movements within the selected range

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.