Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ga187

Ignoring filter in measure being impacted by date slicer

Hello community,

I have a pretty simple table:

image.png

I've added a measure called Total Hours

Total Hours = calculate(sum(Sheet1[Hours]),all(Sheet1[Type]))

And I'm trying to construct a pretty simple view:

image.png

If I press "Type 1" in the chart to filter by it, Person 1 hours correctly filters to 0.50 and Total Hours stays at 25.50 as intended (I want it to ignore the Type selection).

But if I engage the date slicer by changing the end to 4/24, the behavior above no longer stays the same. Person 1 has Hours = 22 and Total Hours = 22. When I click Type 1, Hours = 0.50 and Total Hours = 5.75. The 5.75 seems to be adding together all the Hours for 4/19 date for some reason.

I am hoping the Total Hours will still be unchanged in this scenario by staying at 22 (honoring the date slicer but ignoring the Type filter). What am I doing wrong to achieve that?

Thank you for any advice!

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ga187 ,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve your result, the visual filter will fill the whole data for your report, if you do not want to ignore the filter, you could use the edit interaction function:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ga187

Do I need to pull out total hours into it's own table to fix the issue? Was hoping to avoid doing that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.