Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DJKarma
Frequent Visitor

Ignore the connected Date Slicer

I have two tables, One is the inventory and other is Date table, both are connected via date column.

I want to count no. of Inventory units from Inventory table with a filter on other colum in the inventory table Status.

This is my measure

Inventory Units =
CALCULATE(COUNTA('inventory_master (6)'[Unit]),'inventory_master (6)'[Status]
        IN { "R" ,"I","CB" }, REMOVEFILTERS (DateDimension[Date].[Year])
)

DateDimension is the Date table connected to Reg.Date column in my Inventory Table.

I want it to have all this status filter but ignore the Date Slicer which I have put on Report ( which is DateDimension)
As you can see i have used REMOVEFILTERS but it does not work.
I tried various methods in community but are not working.

Any help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @DJKarma 

Have you tried using REMOVEFILTERS (DateDimension[Date]) to replace REMOVEFILTERS (DateDimension[Date].[Year]) ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DJKarma , Mark DateDimension as date table and have year column

Inventory Units =
CALCULATE(COUNTA('inventory_master (6)'[Unit]),filter('inventory_master (6)', 'inventory_master (6)'[Status]
IN { "R" ,"I","CB" }) , REMOVEFILTERS (DateDimension[Year])
)

Nope, Its not working, IF i edit the interaction and switch it off on the table where I am using the measure , it works (which was working previously as well), but I want that measure for further calculations where i cant switch off interaction. I want this Measure to be static regardless of any slicer with mentioned filters that is Status

Hi, @DJKarma 

Have you tried using REMOVEFILTERS (DateDimension[Date]) to replace REMOVEFILTERS (DateDimension[Date].[Year]) ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.