Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elJukes
Helper I
Helper I

Ignore slicer in summarize

Hi there

I'm trying to calculate how many people have achieved above a certain score across a set of subjects and have run into a problem. I'm trying to use summarize to create a temporary table that counts the number of times a student gets above a certain score:

test_score_over_3 = 

VAR count_of_grades = 
SUMMARIZE(
FILTER(Tests, [Points] > 3),
Tests[StudentId],
"Count",
COUNT(Tests[Points])
)
VAR percentage = COUNTROWS(FILTER(count_of_grades, [Count] = 3)) / [pupil_count] RETURN IF([pupil_count] = 0, "-", IF(ISBLANK(percentage), 0, percentage))

In the main this works well, but I have come up against a problem when trying to do a particular type of calculation. The Tests table is filtered using slicers on two dimension tables.

The first table is a student details table, which allows us to filter down students in a particular grade. This is linked to the Tests table on the StudentId column.

The second table is a table containing the term which the Test was taken. It's linked to the Tests table on the TermId column.

For the calculaton I'm currently working on I need to override the filter from the slicer on the term table, but retain the filter from the slicer on the student table. Is there a straightforward way of adapting the measure above to accept a different TermId to the one currently being filtered on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@elJukes ,

You may try using CALCULATETABLE.

FILTER ( CALCULATETABLE ( Tests, ALL ( Term[TermId] ) ), [Points] > 3 )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@elJukes ,

You may try using CALCULATETABLE.

FILTER ( CALCULATETABLE ( Tests, ALL ( Term[TermId] ) ), [Points] > 3 )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.