Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

D_PBI
Post Patron
Post Patron

Ignore page filter but include slicer filter in a measure

Hi
I Have the following measure which in placed within a table visual to show the values selected from slicer visual that lists case[Lead Dept] values.

Departments_Selected =
IF( NOT( ISFILTERED( case[Lead Dept] ) )
, "All Departments included"
, CONCATENATEX( ALLSELECTED( case[Lead Dept] ), case[Lead Dept], ", " & UNICHAR(10) & UNICHAR(10) )
)

I also have a page filter that restricts case[Lead Dept] values to a specified 5 values.
The above measure picks up that the case[Lead Dept] has been filtered (from the page filter) and shows the page filtering (the specified 5 values) in the table value. I don't want this.

I would like it to so the measure only takes into account what's been selected in the slicer visual (which is driven by page filter). If no values are selected within the slicer visual then "All Departments included" is returned otherwise only the explicity selected values from the slicer visual are listed in the measure.

How do I do this?
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @D_PBI,

there is a work around for this:

1) Remove case[Lead Dept] from the filter pane.

2) add a slicer to you report with case[Lead Dept]

3) select the 5 specified values in this slicer

4) edit the interactions from this slicer(click in the slicer-> Format -> Edit interactions). The default interaction for a slicer is 'Filter', so for the visuals where you don't want to filter by these 5 values, change the interaction 'None'.
5. Now go to View -> Check the box for Selection Pane. In the Selection Pane, identify the slicer you just made, and click on the small eye symbol to hide this visual from you report. It will still filter the other visuals even if it is hidden. If you report is short on space, there is no problem overlaying this hidden visual

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @D_PBI,

there is a work around for this:

1) Remove case[Lead Dept] from the filter pane.

2) add a slicer to you report with case[Lead Dept]

3) select the 5 specified values in this slicer

4) edit the interactions from this slicer(click in the slicer-> Format -> Edit interactions). The default interaction for a slicer is 'Filter', so for the visuals where you don't want to filter by these 5 values, change the interaction 'None'.
5. Now go to View -> Check the box for Selection Pane. In the Selection Pane, identify the slicer you just made, and click on the small eye symbol to hide this visual from you report. It will still filter the other visuals even if it is hidden. If you report is short on space, there is no problem overlaying this hidden visual

Cheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Thanks @sturlaws  👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.