cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adityakommu Member

Ignore incoming fitler

Hello My data is as follows :

1.PNG

I need to ignore "Reason" filter and display sum all year even though reason filter is presentin the data

I have tried sum(YTD)-- It says circular dependency. Can some on please guide me?

Thanks

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Ignore incoming fitler

Hi @adityakommu,

From your description, I could not understand the sentence "ignore "Reason" filter and display sum all year", could you mean use the [Reason] data as slicer or just want to calculate the sum of [YTD] without filtered by the [Reason] column?

If the former:

You could use the "Edit interaction" function.

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

If the later:

You could refer to below steps:

Sample data:

A.PNG

Create a measure:

Measure YTD = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[YTD]),ALL(Table1)) 

Result:

B.PNG

If I misunderstand you, could you please share the sample file and your desired result?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @adityakommu,

From your description, I could not understand the sentence "ignore "Reason" filter and display sum all year", could you mean use the [Reason] data as slicer or just want to calculate the sum of [YTD] without filtered by the [Reason] column?

If the former:

You could use the "Edit interaction" function.

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

If the later:

You could refer to below steps:

Sample data:

A.PNG

Create a measure:

Measure YTD = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[YTD]),ALL(Table1)) 

Result:

B.PNG

If I misunderstand you, could you please share the sample file and your desired result?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @adityakommu,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He