Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Martine10
Frequent Visitor

Ignore context within summarize DAX

I have a calculation where for all years I divide the value of a given year. This needs to be done at a group "sector" level. 

When I put the measure in a visual with the "sectors" in the legend of the visual, the calculation works fine:

Martine10_3-1655887063874.png

Martine10_4-1655887182585.png

However, now I want a visual with the total, so not showing the values per sector. To do this I thought it would be best to use a summarize function. 

However now the problem is that I am not able to get rid of the year context within the summarize function. I tried to use the crossfilter function with setting it to none. So the value is now only shown for the "given year"= 2000 (for 14 sectors):

Martine10_1-1655886664527.png

Martine10_0-1655886334741.png

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Martine10 ,

Sorry maybe I'm not very clear about your problem, in my understanding, before you put the sector in the legend, now you want to show the total instead of per sector, can not directly remove the sector from the legend work?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.