Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaveBFT
Frequent Visitor

Ignore Visual level filter in measure

Hi wonderful PBI community,

I am unsure if this is possible but thought I would ask.

I have a measure that calculates a total bonus earnt and I use a visual level filter to taylor this to the individual. It's a simple measure Total Bonus = [Individual Bonus]+[Team Bonus], the tricky bit is I need the measure [Team Bonus] to ignore the visual level filter I place on the measure. Is this possible?

Thanks In Advance.

7 REPLIES 7
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaveBFT

If you add measure [total bonus earnt] to the visual filter, when applying a filter, it will change the rows for all columns shown in the same visual.

If you add a column or other measure to the visual filter, to ignore visual level filter in measure [Team Bonus], we need to consider if the column affects the measure [Team Bonus].

So we need know how  the measure [Team Bonus] calculate and which columns it uses and what's relationship between these columns and the column used the visual filter.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

[Team Bonus] is made up of [Team Conversion]+[Team GP], these are both Look Up's like the formula above, they look up based on the result of the [Team GP] that adds up GP Columns from the 'Sales Data' table, based on the invoice number from the 'Sales Team Sales' table. How ever this is also filtered by 'user' to give us the [Individual GP] result and [Individual Conversion] result. So I would like the Result of a filtered [Individual Bonus] measure added to an unfiltered [Team Bonus] measure. 

Regards,

Dave.

prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @DaveBFT,

It is possible. 

You need to modify [Total Bonus] measure. I would suggest to use ALL() in your CALCULATE() to remove context of filter you are applying in visual level filter.

Check this link for syntax of ALL().

Prateek Raina

Hi, Thanks. I guess I need to be more clear around these measures. Team Bonus is made up of [Team Conversion]+[Team GP] and those measure are look up values on a table for e.g 

Team Conversion =
CALCULATE(
LOOKUPVALUE('Bonus Payments'[Team Conversion $$],'Bonus Payments'[Team Conversion],
ROUNDDOWN('Sales Measures'[Conversion],2)))+0

This is so I can edit the spreadsheets easily when the targets change. SO I am struggling to an ALL into this.

Hi 

I have 17 Seperate data tables and 4 seperate tabes of measures.  However the only relationship in effect here is the User table and the Sales Data table. 

I donlt think what I am trying to do is possible so I will need to figure out a different way to calculate the bonus figures.

Hi 

I have 17 Seperate data tables and 4 seperate tabes of measures.  However the only relationship in effect here is the User table and the Sales Data table. 

I donlt think what I am trying to do is possible so I will need to figure out a different way to calculate the bonus figures.

Hi @DaveBFT,

Can you screemshot your relationship between tables and also tell which column are you using in the visual level filter. 

After this input only, we will be able to tell that where you should change to accomplish the result.

Prateek Raina

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.