Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore Value in column for visual

Hello, not really sure how to explain this but I'm having an issue where I need the visual to ignore the current month (CM) value in 2020 which has both "CM" in January & December I need it to ignore "CM" in January but I still need it there for the measure to calculate correctly.

Cause what's happening now is that we have reports which show 2020 data where the current month should be December and we got others for 2021 where the current month should be January. And having 2 "CM" in the same year breaks the measure which is why I need it to ignore "CM" in January when 2020 is selected. 
 Screenshot 2021-01-14 180823.pngScreenshot 2021-01-14 181005.png

The measure in question looks like this 

var varAcqTO = "cb Acq TO"
var varBaseTurnover = "cb Base Turnover"
var varTurnover = "cb Turnover"
var varDispTO = "cb Disp TO"
return 
SWITCH( [valTimeIntelligence], 

"CFC", DIVIDE( (Calculate(SUM('Data'[Value]), 'Data'[FC flag]="Actuals" || 'Data'[FC Flag]="Current FC", 'Data'[Measure Code] = varTurnover)
                    +
                    Calculate(SUM('Data'[Value]), 'Data'[FC flag]="Actuals" || 'Data'[FC Flag]="Current FC", 'Data'[Measure Code] = varAcqTO)
                    )
                    -
                    (Calculate(SUM('Data'[Value]), DATEADD('Calendar'[Date],-1,YEAR),'Data'[FC Flag]="Actuals" || 'Data'[FC Flag]="Current FC", 'Data'[Measure Code] = varTurnover)
                    +
                    Calculate(SUM('Data'[Value]), 'Data'[FC flag]="Actuals" || 'Data'[FC Flag]="Current FC", 'Data'[Measure Code] = varDispTO)
                    ),
                    (Calculate(SUM('Data'[Value]), DATEADD('Calendar'[Date],-1,YEAR),'Data'[FC Flag]="Actuals" || 'Data'[FC Flag]="Current FC", 'Data'[Measure Code] = varTurnover)
                    +
                    Calculate(SUM('Data'[Value]), 'Data'[FC flag]="Actuals" || 'Data'[FC Flag]="Current FC", 'Data'[Measure Code] = varDispTO)), BLANK()),

And the calculated column for current month looks like this 

CM = 
SWITCH(
    TRUE,
    [CMValue] - 11 = 'Calendar'[Month Number] && 'Calendar'[Year] = YEAR(TODAY()),"CM",
    [CMValue] - 11 = 'Calendar'[Month Number] && 'Calendar'[Year] = YEAR(TODAY())-1,"CM",    
    [CMValue] = 'Calendar'[Month Number] &&  'Calendar'[Year] <> YEAR(TODAY()),"CM",
    "-"
)

Hopefully it's clear enough, thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to refer to my formulas.

v-lionel-msft_0-1611302754557.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to refer to my formulas.

v-lionel-msft_0-1611302754557.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is it suposse to have CM on both January and December values? What is the purpose of this additional flag?

Maybe you need to change the way you are calculating the CM.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, yes, I need it to be on december 2020 and on January 2021 but to have a specific measure work that uses
DateADD(Calendar[Date], -1, year) 

I need to have CM on January 2020 as well so the measure works for january 2021. But doing that breaks CM on 2020 since it got 2 CM in 2020 now and dosen't know which one to pick which breaks any visual that look at 2020. So somehow I need it to ignore the CM on January 2020 and when 2020 is selected it should only filter on December 2020. 

So the purpose of the flag is to look at the current month and for us on the reports that has 2020 current month would be December and on the reports that 2021 it should be January, it's used for our period table. 

If that clears it up a bit. 

Thank you for your help!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Believe that this is not the best option for you to achieve what you want to calculate, in my opinion there is no need for the flag of the CM you just need to filter the information on the metric you have and then with a DATEADD for example get the previous year data.

So the only thing you need to add in your measure would be the current month/year date.

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.