Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ylihp

Ignore Date Slicer for some tables

Hi

As a preface I'll admit I'm the absolute newest of the new to using PowerBI, I've had absolute basic experience and I'm encountering what I thought would be a very easy problem to solve but is proving quite annoying. I have a front sheet with a date slicer with week commencing dates attached to it, and underneath average feedback scores for the current year which change as you change the slicer dates. Works great except I also need some YTD score boxes beside the weekly ones, and of course these change whenever I change the date slicer mentioned above. So it sounds very simple to somehow make the YTD one ignore the rule of the slicer and include all dates, except I've tried about 5 different methods online and none of them are working, probably impeded by my limited knowledge of how to use Power BI. I've tried the format tab, and editing the interactions. That doesn't do anything. I've tried creating a whole new separate table of dates and tried linking it to that somehow but it didn't work, and honestly I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I've tried making some measures including ALL to ignore filters and that doesn't seem to work. The issue is probably really obvious to someone who knows, but I'm really stuck. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ylihp,

"Edit interactions" is the way to go, if your tables are properly connected. I'm assuming you clicked on the slicer and de-selected the table?

Could you post a pic of your relationship map (with any sensitive data blacked out)?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chihiro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

For YTD you could create separate measure as well.

Using CALCULATE(SUM([ValueColumn]),ALL(TableName)) or combine it with FILTER(ALL(TableName), Expression) to ignore slicer filter context, and use custom filter.

Ex: Assuming you have Date column and have more than current year's data, without date dimension table...

=
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( TableName[ValueColumn] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( TableName ),
        YEAR ( TableName[DateColumn] )
            = YEAR ( TODAY () )
    )
)

RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ylihp,

"Edit interactions" is the way to go, if your tables are properly connected. I'm assuming you clicked on the slicer and de-selected the table?

Could you post a pic of your relationship map (with any sensitive data blacked out)?

IT WAS THAT SIMPLE! I was clicking on all of the tables and trying to block the interaction from them to the slicer and it wasn't working but when i click the slicer and block interactions from each of the YTD scores it works like a charm. Thanks so much for that. I knew it had to be a simple solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.