Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SGLake
Frequent Visitor

If statement with multiple search words

I've tried creating this with the conditional column but there seems to be a bug when analyzing my text. In my "Other" output, text is showing up than contains the word "funding" so it should be the "Funding" output - but it's not. I've cleansed my text and made sure there isn't any leading spaces. Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way to go about it? Oh yea, when I filter the text containing the word "funding" that works correctly so I'm thinking there's a bug with the conditional column function.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well I found a work around. I created a duplicate column and it works!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@SGLake powerquery / m is case sensitive, so if its not in the same case  as your condition it wont pick it up, try changing it all to the same case first usung add column / format / upper or lower case

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I changed it to all lower case and I'm still having the same issue.

@SGLake do you want to share your pbix? send to vanessafvg@gmail.com 

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

I'll need to modify the report so I'm not violating company policy. What's wierd is that I just took the couple columns and put them in Excel and had my pbix look at that file and it works correctly. Does that give you a clue?

@SGLake to be honest, not really lol 🙂  but it possibly has something to do with the format of the data.    Have you tried doing a format trim and clean of the data first?

Unfortunately yes, I've trimmed and cleansed the column.

@SGLake the only way to figure it out really is to share it i am afraid

Well I found a work around. I created a duplicate column and it works!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.