Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Simkia
Frequent Visitor

If statement with condition from two non-related tables

Hello!

I would think that this would be rather simple, but I'm scratching my head a lot on this one.

I would like to make an overview of how many active orders I have on any given date, in order for an order to be active I want it to say:

date order is received <= max date

&& date order is completed > max date.

I have a dimCalendar table and I have another table with some order received dates (Tilgået Doc.) and orders completed dates (Udført Doc. Date) in it.

Orders table:

Simkia_0-1636896017331.png 
Date table:

Simkia_1-1636896030462.png

I then figured that I wanted to make some sort of column in the DimCalendar table that counts how many orders I have received on every date, but to make this column without an active relationship between the two tables.

The reason for this is that, I figured I would put it into this formula, where it says "Datokolonne", and I would expect to be able to see how many active orders I have on any given date. 

Column 1 = 
    CALCULATE(
        SUM(Datokolonne),
        filter(
            dimCalendar,
            dimCalendar[Date] >= max('AX Data'[Tilgået Doc.]) 
            && dimCalendar[Date] < max('AX Data'[Udført Doc. Date])))

Any other solutions to my issue would also be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

you add at the end as a argument of the calculate dax the function userrelantionship

Column 1 = 
    CALCULATE(
        SUM(Datokolonne),
        filter(
            dimCalendar,

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

you can add to that dax a relatnionship function: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/userelationship-function-dax to use a inactive relantioship between the tables that evaluates using that relantionship only for that dax formula context, add it as a filter of the calculate function. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

I'm not entirely sure how to write the column code, that is supposed to count how many orders I have received on every date. I figured it would be something similar to 

Column 2 = 
    if('AX Data'[Tilgået Doc]=dimCalendar[Date],+1,0)

However it does not allow me to do this, even if I add the USERELATIONSHIP. 

How would you make a column in my Calendar table that adds up orders received on every individual date, whilst not having an active relationship?

you add at the end as a argument of the calculate dax the function userrelantionship

Column 1 = 
    CALCULATE(
        SUM(Datokolonne),
        filter(
            dimCalendar,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors