Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhowe1
Helper III
Helper III

If slicer not selected blank visual

Hi all,

I have two multi-row card visuals which i want to show blank if nothing is selected in slicer. I've noticed a bunch of people have asked the same thing, (why can we not have conditional visibility property on visuals like we have in SSRS properties???) however I can't seem to find a consistent uniform approach. Also other solutions involve if blank sum else 0 etc. I don't want to SUM anything just either show/hide customer and address record. What is the best way to do this? 

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 11.37.55.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jhowe1 ,

Please use the following formula to create a measure 

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Table'[ID]),1,0)

And apply it to filter pane, set as "=1" like this:

2.25.5.isfilter.gif

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jhowe1 ,

Please use the following formula to create a measure 

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Table'[ID]),1,0)

And apply it to filter pane, set as "=1" like this:

2.25.5.isfilter.gif

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, I have the same situation I have State column and If slicer is not selected I want my map to be blank? Thank you in advance.

Finally managed to get back to this, a picture tells a thousand words thank you. A conditional visibility property on the visual would still be nice like we have in SSRS instead of these workaround solutions but works great will do for now.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jhowe1 , You have to this for all measures

new measure = if(isfiltered(Customer[Customer name]), [Measure], blank())

https://powerpivotpro.com/2013/03/hasonevalue-vs-isfiltered-vs-hasonefilter/

Sorry I need more detail than this, the two visuals I want to make blank are Customer and Address visual, taken from CustomerDim, AddressDim as highlighted in my post. There are no measures/calculations in these two visuals. Where do I create this 'isfiltered' measure in Customer and Address? Please provide steps. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.