Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

franorio
Helper III
Helper III

If repeted on a previous month, override a rule

Hello everybody, I have parametrized a movements report for the company I work for.

Every employee has an anual qualification related to performance. 

I've merged different tables:  movements report of the month, with a employees data base with the anual performance qualification, and the company policy to know if the movements are OK or No OK with the policy.

For example if a employee scores a 4A and has a promotion band up should be OK, or instead same employee has a lateral move should be No OK. Everything works fine with this, but I have just some particular cases.

Cases in which an employee with score 4A gets the promotion he diserves --> Status OK ... great with this

After 2 month same employee has another movement, a lateral movement --> Status No OK, also great with this because is the logic or parametrization i wanted. 4A with lateral movements should be allways No OK. 

BUT, if the employee already had a previous promotion band up in the last few months, and afterwards gets a lateral movement by exception should be also OK. because the promotion was already executed. 

So what i need the report to do is:

If an employee with 4A score, is repeted by name or employee ID in a previous month, with already a promotion band up with status OK, and this new month get's a lateral movement, the 4A rule of lateralmovemnt = No OK, should be override... and return OK. Only for cases where employees had a previous promotion and status OK on the last couple of months. 

Any idea on how to do this?

Thans & regards!

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@franorio

Hi,

I have a few questions and suggestions about this.

1. What kind of data do you have? Could you please post a sample here?
  2. Maybe DAX formula can do this with IF condition.
  3. It seems that the report should be created along the time line.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.