Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If condition

Hi

I am trying to make a condition: If column month>=month(now);sum(X);sum(y)

The problem is that when I make the condition I can only put measures and functions. I don't have the option to reference columns why? 

6 REPLIES 6
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Basically Measurs dont work with row context so you need to use MAX or MIN, something like below.

If MAX(column month )> = MONTH( TODAY() );sum(X);sum(y)

Please read the article below for more info.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mariusz 

I try 

Valor total = if(MAX(Doc_Factura[Mês])>=MONTH(TODAY());[Facturação Bruta];[SumValorPub])

but I keep receiving the error:

"Dax comparison operations do not support comparing values of type text with values of type integer."

Doc_Factura[Mês],month(today()), Facturação bruta; sumValorPub are integers and decimals  so I don't understand the error.

I try to make a new column with funtion value but the error was the same

IF(VALUE(MONTH(Doc_Factura[data_doc_df]))<=VALUE(MONTH(TODAY()));[Facturação Bruta];[SumValorPub])

Check your tables.  Make sure that PBI recognizes that Doc_Factura[Mes] is an integer value and not a string.

Otherwise, using VALUE should have worked to force a type change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I already check and it is a integer, that's why I don't understand the error..even if it wasn't the value function should change the type to integer. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved you problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share your data sample which could reproduce your issue and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It should, which is why we get to debug this to figure out what's happening.

I know it's obnoxious, but can you make a few new measures, to show what value is being returned at each step?

Test1 = MAX(Doc_Factura[Mês])
Test2 = MONTH(TODAY())
Test3 = [Test1]>=[Test2]
Test4 = [Facturação Bruta]
Test5 = [ValorSumPub]

Hopefully when you put these into a table, all the results make sense, but if there's one that doesn't work properly, we can focus in on that one.  As of right now, I have no idea where your problem is. It all looks like it should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.