Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrewb95
Helper II
Helper II

If & Today operators

I am attempting to run a query so a new column will populate as TRUE if two statuses from one column are correct and the date is before the current date. 

ie. I have: 
A database where each contact can match one of the following items and has association with a date. 

Column A:
Item 1 | Item 2 | Item 3 | Item 4 | Item 5

Column B:

A list of dates 

I want to say IF Column A = Item 1 or Item 2 AND Column B date is before TODAY. Then Equal to True, if not equal to false. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This worked however not all the parenthesis were needed:

IF(Table1[COLUMNA] = "ITEM-1" || [Direction] = "ITEM-2" || && Table1[COLUMNB] < TODAY() ,TRUE(), FALSE())

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@andrewb95 , Are these columns or table. If tables what is relation. Can share some sample data and explain with example

It was all from columns within the same table, many thanks for attempting to support. 

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@andrewb95 

Try below code as  new column

STATUS = 
IF((Table1[COLUMNA] = "ITEM-1" || [Direction] = "ITEM-2" || )&& Table1[COLUMNB] < TODAY() ,TRUE(), FALSE())

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution, this will help others!.

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube, LinkedIn 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

This worked however not all the parenthesis were needed:

IF(Table1[COLUMNA] = "ITEM-1" || [Direction] = "ITEM-2" || && Table1[COLUMNB] < TODAY() ,TRUE(), FALSE())

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.