Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MasterT

If Status column is open after the future date, result as overdue in a new column

Greetings, 

Hope everyone is well, i am trying to achieve something with below two columns, I am trying to write a new dax expression in a new column that will note overdue items. like if Status is open after PAIA due date, result should be overdue. Can anyone help if possible?

MasterT_2-1635341850474.png

MasterT_1-1635341747710.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How about this one:

VAR __DaysOverDue = 'Privacy & Protecion Register'[PAIA_Due_Date] - TODAY()

Overdue = IF( AND( __DaysOverDue > 0, 'Privacy & Protecion Register'[Status] = "Open"), __DaysOverDue & " overdue", "Not overdue" )

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MasterT

Please check this one, i think it might work, but i would like it to highlight that it will be overdue 5 days before the actual date

Overdue = IF( AND( 'Privacy & Protecion Register'[PAIA_Due_Date]> TODAY(), 'Privacy & Protecion Register'[Status] = "Open"), "Overdue", "Not overdue" )
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How about this one:

VAR __DaysOverDue = 'Privacy & Protecion Register'[PAIA_Due_Date] - TODAY()

Overdue = IF( AND( __DaysOverDue > 0, 'Privacy & Protecion Register'[Status] = "Open"), __DaysOverDue & " overdue", "Not overdue" )

Let me know if this helps!

Hi Yukik, Thanks a million. It worked. I am not certain how can i test if it will be overdue 5 days before the actual date.

YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Could you elaborate your situation a little more in detail? Do you have another date column you're comparing to the due date, right?

You can create a calculated column:

Overdue = IF( AND(yourdate > duedate, status = "Open"), "Overdue", "Not overdue" )

Try this and let me know if it works!

Hi Yukik, 

No i don't have any other date i am comparing with, to you give you context. Due date calculate automatically from source 30 days after the date initiated is selected. what i am trying to achieve in my report to compare status and due date that is derived from date initiated, selected by the user.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.