Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harrinho
Helper III
Helper III

If Statement for a simple condition

Hi, 

I have a major headache with a statement I want to create and it is dead simple. However, PowerBI doesn't allo me to create it.

I have two tables which are joined together with a relationship on the product name and I can see for every project ID for example, the values of another measure from the other table. In the screenshot below Project ID, Product and Product Split % comes from table A. BU and Product come from table B. 

What I want is to create a new Top BU let's say field, which will pick up the BU with the highest product split. For example, Project S009301 spans across thre different BUs (AO, AUTO and ITSM). However, I want my Top BU field to show only ITSM as this BU accounts for the 70% of the project. In the occasion of an equal split i.e. 50/50 or 30/35/35 I'd like to pick the one which has the highest amount but this is secondary. The major concern is to pick up the BU with the highest product split %. 

In doing that, I tried to create a column in Table B i.e. IF(Table A[product split %)<>1 etc. but it doesn't even allow me to use a field from Table A in my condition. 

Is there any way to achieve this? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@harrinho,

Please check if the DAX in the PBIX file  below returns your expected result. If not, please share more details about your tables.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1Nok1U_WU06vmFffBca

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @harrinho

Which table is on the 1 side (Table A or Table B), and which table is on the many side?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks for getting back @Phil_Seamark. Table A is the many (Project ID, Product, Product Split %) and BU and Product is Table B. The two tables are joined on the Product name 

@harrinho,

Does my DAX return your expected result?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.