Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparkplug93751
Helper II
Helper II

If HasoneValue giving unrealistic values

Hello,

I'm using if(hasonevalue( to be able to roll up a matrix and display different values in PBI. THe activities are all under the category 

If(hasonevalue(activity),measure1,sumx(table(measure1)  

This sumx is giving an error that the value is too big - why is this and how can it be resolved?

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sparkplug93751 ,

Please share me a dummy PBIX file, removing sensitive information, for specific test.

Best Regards,

Icey

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@sparkplug93751 your syntax of expression look completely wrong, is that what your measure is? What error you are getting? Can you provide more detail?

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi, 

I'm getting a "Value was either too large or too small" error. The numbers are in the millions but all together there isn't a value over 175,000,000 (and that's the total of all categories). I was able to get close to the desired answer by using 

calculate(measure1),groupby(table1,table1[categories]),userelationship(table1[categories],table2[categories]

But rather than summing up to make the total per category it is still using the hours and time to calculate the measure aggregated up - an aggregation I want to be just a sum rather than the numbers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!