Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If Formula Error

Hi Expert

The last if step is not working  ie. its returning back no result when there clearly is a result if i filter my data set... see highlighted section 

Mymeasure =

IF(QUOTEMAN[TRUSTWITHCONSEQ] = 1, "TWC",
        IF(QUOTEMAN[TRUSTWITHCONSEQ] = 0 ,
        IF(QUOTEMAN[FINCNTRL_ACTUALCOST] > 1000000, "VB3",
        IF(QUOTEMAN[FINCNTRL_ACTUALCOST] >= 100000 && QUOTEMAN[FINCNTRL_ACTUALCOST] <= 1000000 , "VB2B",
        IF(QUOTEMAN[FINCNTRL_ACTUALCOST] >= 25000 && QUOTEMAN[FINCNTRL_ACTUALCOST] <= 100000 , "VB2A",

IF(QUOTEMAN[OPTNCHOICE] = 1,
        IF(QUOTEMAN[OPTTOTALCOST] > 1000000, "VB3",
        IF(QUOTEMAN[OPTTOTALCOST] >= 100000 && QUOTEMAN[OPTTOTALCOST] <= 1000000 , "VB2B",
        IF(QUOTEMAN[OPTTOTALCOST] >= 25000 && QUOTEMAN[OPTTOTALCOST] <= 100000 , "VB2A",

IF(QUOTEMAN[OPTNCHOICE] = 0,
        IF(QUOTEMAN[QUOTEMANROC] > 1000000, "VB3",
        IF(QUOTEMAN[QUOTEMANROC] >= 100000 && QUOTEMAN[QUOTEMANROC] <= 1000000 , "VB2B",
        IF(QUOTEMAN[QUOTEMANROC] >= 25000 && QUOTEMAN[QUOTEMANROC] <= 100000 , "VB2A","VB1")))))))))))))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

please provide some data that relates with what you are doing as its very hard to tell you whats wrong with only the thing that is wrong.  You need to provide some sample data in text format so that your code can be evaluated against the data.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

please provide some data that relates with what you are doing as its very hard to tell you whats wrong with only the thing that is wrong.  You need to provide some sample data in text format so that your code can be evaluated against the data.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vanessafvg - i have managed to solve it by add a extra step into a new calculated column. Thanks for looking at my question ...

can you kindly have a look at 
(1) Return max value if ID is the same - smallest valu... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vanessafvg - its restricted i cannot provide any data very sorry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.