Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

If Condition issue

Hello Everyone,

I have created a if formula and i am not getting the right result.Below is my if formula

If_Formula = IF((By_Emp[Total_hrs]<By_Emp[Avail_Hrs]),"Missing","Correct")

Difference = By_Emp[Avail_Hrs]-By_Emp[Total_hrs]

If you see the screen shot below, difference is 0. So accordig to my IF formula it shows Missing in last column. I think it should be showing Correct in last column. Am i missing something here?

PBI.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi skanchan,

I have reproduced your issue.

You are using a table visual like below, right? 

1.PNG 

See the original table, please check if the length of mantissa in a decimal is more than 2 because the table visual will emit several digits based on your setting which may mislead you.

2.PNG 

To see the correct result in table visual, click Modeling->Format->Change the number of decimal places.

3.PNG4.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi skanchan,

I have reproduced your issue.

You are using a table visual like below, right? 

1.PNG 

See the original table, please check if the length of mantissa in a decimal is more than 2 because the table visual will emit several digits based on your setting which may mislead you.

2.PNG 

To see the correct result in table visual, click Modeling->Format->Change the number of decimal places.

3.PNG4.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msftSpot On 🙂

Thanks

Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Well I tested the same at my end. Didn't find anything wrong with your formula.

test.png

Maybe you can try this If_Formula = IF([Difference]>0,"Missing","Correct") or If_Formula = IF(((By_Emp[Total_hrs]-By_Emp[Avail_Hrs])<0),"Missing","Correct")

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HardikThanks for your reply.

Strange that it work  at your end.

I dont want to use the difference colume because i created that column just to help troubleshoot the issue.

Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous  Try this If_Formula = IF(((By_Emp[Total_hrs]-By_Emp[Avail_Hrs])<0),"Missing","Correct"), it should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.