Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Identifying drillthrough on which measure?

Hi,

i have around 5 measures in 5 different charts in the main page and i would like to drillthrough on each of those measures,

is there a way that my drillthrough report display only the measure on which i have drilled from the main report.

i would like to drillthrough to only one page and i dont want to create multiple copies of the drillthrough report for different measures.

Regards

CLR

8 REPLIES 8
ClintReeves

I have a similar need, did you ever get a solution?  

arsggnb

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, if your 5 different charts have the same field, I suggest you use the same field as the drillthrough field and all of them could drillthrough the same drillthrough page:

Mian page:

1.PNG

Drillthrough page:

2.PNG

Both of the visuals could drillthrough to the same page.

1.PNG2.PNG

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actual costs1.JPG Hi @v-danhe-msft, i only have the measures displayed on the bar chart and there is no dimension fields on those charts... its just like a card visual but its a bar chart with a measure on it as we cant do drillthrough on a card visual.

All of those are different measures(cost measure) and i need to display for each measure how the cost is divided across multiple plants on my drillthrough report.

i would like to know is there a way to create only one drillthrough page and change the measure based on the measure i am drilling?

i know there is a way to create multiple drillthrough reports but i dont want to create drillthrough page for each of those measures

Regards

CLR

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tried create multiple cards visual in drilltrough page and set the drillthrough filter, it could work to drillthrough but I could not sure if it could meet your requirements, could you please post me your desired result if possible?

1.PNG2.PNG

Before drillthrough

3.PNG

After drillthrough:

4.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft,

i dont have any issues in implementing the drillthrough functionality, Please find the test file which i have created below.

TestReport.pbix

i have two measures in the main report {Sales,Total Units} and two separate drillthrough reports to display these two measures by Region. 

i am trying to minimize the number of drillthrough reports since i am using the same Region field in both the reports by changing the measure and hence i would like to know is there way we can identify on which measure we are drilling in based on that i can create only one drillthrough report and change the measure accordingly.

Hope this clarifies the question.

Regards

CLR

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you tried put both measures into the drillthrough bucket?

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft,

i only need one and i dont need two measures on drillthrough report.

Here is the current scenario:

if drillthrough on measure1 then it redirects to drillthroughreport1

if drillthrough on measure2 then it redirects to drillthroughreport2

what i am trying to achieve is identifying the measure on the main report and change the respective measure in the drillthrough report,so that i dont need to create two drillthrough reports. 

Hope this clarifies the question to you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.