Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paisely
Frequent Visitor

Identify round values in a column

I am new to PowerBI and would appreciate any assistance with a query to identify round values in a column of numbers. The data type for the column is "decimal number". Please provide steps that would identify all values that is rounded off in the 1000's. For example, 1000, 2000...10,000,100,000, etc. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Include a column and try this formula-IsMod1000 = IF(MOD(Table1[Column1],1000)=0,"Yes","No")

View solution in original post

v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@paisely

I'm not quite understand about your requirement as identify all values that is rounded off in the 1000's.

If you mean that your decimal numbers have been rounded before importing into Power BI desktop. And you want to identify these already rounded numbers in Power BI to find out the 1000's. I'm afraid it is not possible in current Power BI.

If you want to format decimal numbers in Power BI to make them be rounded and find out the 1000's. You can refer to following steps:

1. Create a calculated column and Round() function to round decimal numbers. 

Round number = ROUND(Table6[Column1],0)

1.PNG

2. Then you can use Mod() function to calculated the 1000's.

1000's = IF(MOD(Table6[Round number],1000)=0,Table6[Round number],0)

2.PNG

If I misunderstand your requirement, please feel free to correct me. Also, please share us some sample data and your desired result. It will help us more to understand your requirement.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@paisely

I'm not quite understand about your requirement as identify all values that is rounded off in the 1000's.

If you mean that your decimal numbers have been rounded before importing into Power BI desktop. And you want to identify these already rounded numbers in Power BI to find out the 1000's. I'm afraid it is not possible in current Power BI.

If you want to format decimal numbers in Power BI to make them be rounded and find out the 1000's. You can refer to following steps:

1. Create a calculated column and Round() function to round decimal numbers. 

Round number = ROUND(Table6[Column1],0)

1.PNG

2. Then you can use Mod() function to calculated the 1000's.

1000's = IF(MOD(Table6[Round number],1000)=0,Table6[Round number],0)

2.PNG

If I misunderstand your requirement, please feel free to correct me. Also, please share us some sample data and your desired result. It will help us more to understand your requirement.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

paisely
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I am new to PowerBI and am looking for assistance with identifying numbers in a column that is rounded off in the 1000's. The data type for this column is decimal number. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Include a column and try this formula-IsMod1000 = IF(MOD(Table1[Column1],1000)=0,"Yes","No")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

Would i add a custom column to enter this formula in the queries page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes you need to add a custom column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.