Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aseagull
Helper III
Helper III

Identify Connected Dataset(s) when using Mixed Model

Hi. I've grown accustomed to looking at the lower right of my thin report in Desktop to see what dataset it's connected to. Often, I have datasets with the same name in different workspaces because one is "test/dev" and the other "prod".

I recently created a mixed model for the first time. Now, I see only "mixed model" in the lower right of the report. If I go to "Data Source Settings", I see only the name of the dataset, not its workspace. I can click "Change Source", but am I guaranteed that the current source is listed at the top? 

Is there another place to see the fully qualified name of the dataset I'm connected to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

go to the data model view and hover over the table name. That will bring up a tooltip with the required info.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

go to the data model view and hover over the table name. That will bring up a tooltip with the required info.

Excellent! This is just what I needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.