Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

G0ggs
Helper I
Helper I

Identfying tasks in the Gantt chart which have obstacles to completion

Hello 

I would like to create a gantt chart which has simple blocks for tasks based on a start date and end date which I can do currently.

But I would also like to use conditional formatting that highlights the block red if there are barriers that are stopping the task being completed.

For example I have a pipework build project whereby the start and end date of the pipework build is known but I also have to pressure test the existing pipework and if it isn't tested or pressure test has failed it is a barrier to the overall pipework build being completed. 

I would like the gantt chart to highlight the block red if the pressure test is failed and highlight orange if the test is needed and green if passed. 

Is this possible with any of the gantt charts in PowerbI and if so how would I do it please?

G0ggs_0-1620534110158.png

Thanks,

Gordon 

3 REPLIES 3
G0ggs
Helper I
Helper I

Jihwan, thanks for the reply. 

Hi, @G0ggs 

Thank you for your feedback.

I tried to create it with the timeline, however, I could not show it using the sample. Because in the sample, most of the works showed less than 20 days and the earliest one started from a year ago and the latest one started recently. So, I was confused about how to show all of them in one timeline.

By date?

By month? or, by quarter?

I decided to show it by how many days were used, but I think you are not looking for this.

And I failed to understand how the second screenshot can be made by using the first screenshot.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @G0ggs 

I am not sure whether I understood your question correctly.

Please check the below picture and the measure. (Sample pbix file's link is down below).

The below measure can be used in conditional formatting rules.

Picture5.png

Pipework Duration =
VAR duration =
MAX ( Pipework[DateEnd] ) - MAX ( Pipework[DateStart] )
VAR pressuretestcondition =
SWITCH (
SELECTEDVALUE ( Pipework[Pipework pressure test] ),
"Failed/repair", 1,
"Needs tested", 2,
"Passed", 3
)
RETURN
COALESCE (
SWITCH (
TRUE (),
SELECTEDVALUE ( Days[Day] ) <= duration
&& pressuretestcondition = 1, 1,
&& pressuretestcondition = 2, 2,
&& pressuretestcondition = 3, 3
),
)

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.