Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Idea on Navigation across multiple reports in a workspace

Good Day, 

I have a couple of Power BI reports that are published to the Workspace. I have added button based page navigation within each of these reports. But I have been asked to provide an approach that allows navigating to different reports from a common landing page. I wanted to use the "Power BI App" approach(https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/designing-custom-navigation-for-power-bi-apps-is-now-availa...) but our IT guys have it disabled (not sure when they will enable it). So I am now looking for alternatives. I would like to know if you have done anything similar that allows navigating across reports easy. I wanted to have like a Org structure view/visual (that accepts URLs as one of the values which can be used for Navigation to individual links to the Report pages in the workspace). Any Suggestions, ideas welcome. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

many thanks Robert for your reply. Yes, Dashboard is a possible solution where we can pin individual visuals or entire report page. Being new to the designing the user experience, we are still trying to find out what would be the best way. Our dashboard isn't there yet as so far we have been working on getting the reports developed. But now, it seems we will be getting access to Create/Update "Power BI App" within the workspace where we can bring in the required reports (and may be dashboard) and any external content under one roof (using Navigation builder).  
Thanks all who provided valuable comments as it helps in understanding the system better. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description, you want to navigate to different reports from a common landing page in Power BI. I think the dashboard in Power BI can be one of the solutions. You can pin the live pages from different reports using the different datasets to one dashboard. When the end-user opens the dashboard, they can click on the live page to navigate to the original reports.

You can watch this video to learn to build Power BI Dashboards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsXliHbOFDM

More info about pinning an entire report page, as a live tile, to a Power BI dashboard

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

many thanks Robert for your reply. Yes, Dashboard is a possible solution where we can pin individual visuals or entire report page. Being new to the designing the user experience, we are still trying to find out what would be the best way. Our dashboard isn't there yet as so far we have been working on getting the reports developed. But now, it seems we will be getting access to Create/Update "Power BI App" within the workspace where we can bring in the required reports (and may be dashboard) and any external content under one roof (using Navigation builder).  
Thanks all who provided valuable comments as it helps in understanding the system better. 

Hi, @Anonymous 

Yes, I think the custom navigation builder in the Power BI APP can be the best solution to meet your requirement if it's possible.

If you have solved the problem by yourself, would you like to mark your own reply as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

Thanks in advance!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-robertq-msft  thanks for the feedback. As advised I have marked my comment as answer in this case. Cheers, Kev.

Anonymous
Not applicable

many thanks @amitchandak  for quick reply. cross-report drillthough may be an option but seems bit complicated to set-up as my reports use different datasets. I will try to add some sort of common data across two reports (source and target) and see if I can then follow the steps from MSFT link you provided. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , On way is drill through cross report. But you might need some trick to use that

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-cross-report-drill-through

Drill through using card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBRUiGeV6I4

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.