cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ralphqiu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Icon Map from Altius

Great APP, I must say! I love it and am using it for my daily analysis. Thanks!

Is it possible to add in the "Tooltip" function like the POWERBI original map visual? So I can add in as many details as I want. For now the Icon map only has two possible details for Tooltip.

And for the label size and the size of the icon, I am having thousands of icons on the global map. It looks great when I zoom in for details. But when I zoom out on the global level, it is quite messy because the words and icons are overlapping. Is it possible to add an option, when zoomed out at a certain level, do not show any Labels and shrink the size of the icon.

And when zoomed out at the global level, the map is continous by copying itself like a long scroll but the data points are only showed on one "globe". Is it possible to expand the data to the whole map?

again, thanks for the great work!

jamesdales
Advisor

@samihuq are you able to share your report with me, so I can look into this for you?

jamesdales
Advisor

@Ralphqiu Hi. Glad you're finding it useful. Yes - all things on my to do list. I also want to change the tooltips to use the Power BI standart tooltips so that when custom visuals support page in tooltips, these will work too.

Ralphqiu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fabulous!

Looking forward to the update!

cheers!

Raplh

samihuq Member

Hey @jamesdales can you share your email id?

New2BInow Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How do you get the plane icon?  I want to show different icons for different types of commerce moving through its supply chain, but i can't even figure out how to get the plane icon let alone how to change it.

jamesdales
Advisor

Hi New2BINow

The plane icon isn't part of the map. The map will work with any icon - but it needs to be hosted on an external website. You create column in your data table with the URL of the icon you want to display, and drag that into the Icon field of the map.

eg;

Location              Icon                                                        Long                    Lat             Size

Home                  "https://myurl.com/house.png"             59.5                     4.3              30

eloymora Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I really like this visual, looks impressive and I'm using it as much as I can. I have a couple of feature requests which would make this visual even better:

• Colour coding by a property
  • Great circle lines cut off at the date line; if possible to wrap these it would look pretty smart

Kind regards

Eloy

jamesdales
Advisor

Hi @eloymora

Great to hear you're using it 🙂

Yes - working on both of these - I don't have a date yet - but hopefully in the next few weeks.

Thanks

James

ShubhamK Member

Hi , I am using Icon map and i dont see an option to use report page tooltip. Could you please help me on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 181 members 2,428 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: