cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Icon Map from Altius

Hi @ShubhamK I'm afriad not yet. Report page tooltips have only recently been supported in custom visuals. It's on my to do list however.
ShubhamK Member

Thank you so much for your reply and waiting for icon map supporting report page tooltip.

dcresp Member

It would certainly be great to get support for tooltips. Really looking forward to the new version. Getting mapping in Power BI that will support our own polygons on top of a map will be great. Currently the only way to do this is pay a fortune to Mapbox and this is not somthing that we want to do. Thanks James for coming to the rescue. 

Highlighted
ArchieGu Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Hi @jamesdales 

Thank you for this excellent file. However when I use my data, the map shows nothing, no icon, no route, just nothing. I don't know why.

Could you help me find this out? Thank you.

Hi @ArchieGu 

I think it will be because the datatype of your IconSize field needs changing to be a number. If you do that, then change the aggregation type to Average, it should show.

Thanks

James

MarkatMars Visitor
Visitor

Anyone seeing an issue where it works when the lines are straight but if you change to geodesic they dont show?

Hi @MarkatMars 

I believe this is a bug. I should have a fix out for it shortly.

Thanks

James

I'd suggest checking to make sure there are no null lat and long values anywhere in the meantime.

kstiegler Visitor
Visitor

Edit: Never mind - I had an issue with my setup. I had the wrong field in the Category section. Once I fixed that, my map drew as expected.

This is a great visual! Looking forward to the tooltips!

bhavik_bi Visitor
Visitor

Hi @jamesdales ,

If possible, could you please share the csv/excel file for flight data which you have used in your .pbix file. The pbix file which you have shared has only few records. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Bhavik

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,135)