Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsbin
Super User
Super User

Icon Map Visual with Synch Slicers

Good Afternoon,

Hoping someone has experience with using the Icon Map Visual.

I have my map set up with individual US Zipcodes as my points.  I can select a single point and drill through to a page with additional info.

rsbin_0-1622047336947.png

However, what I want the User to be able to do is select multiple points and go to a different page with another table of data.  I know drill through does not work with multiple selections.  So was hoping to use Synch Slicers to filter the data table accordingly.  But selecting a group of points on the map does not seem to have any effect on my Index Slicer so it is not filtering as I thought it would.  Am I missing a step somewhere or any ideas on how I can accomplish this objective? 

Edit:

I can use a Selected Values Measure that I found in another thread the following code:

SelectedFacilities = 
CONCATENATEX ( VALUES ( STG_Facilities_TSI__ALL_AHOC[SiteName] ) , [SiteName] , ",")

This Measure identifies all of the SiteNames that have been selected.  Any thoughts on how to pass this Measure into a Slicer on my page with the data table?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsbin 

As you said drill through does not work with multiple selections , so use slicer to filter data in Icon Map and drill through for more information is not valid .

Maybe you can sync slicer in different pages . For example ,in page one ,you can add the Icon Map and slicer , use the slicer to filter data in Map .And in page two ,you can add detail info about Icon Map , sync the slicer from page one .In this way the data in page one and page two are synchronized .

Ailsa-msft_0-1622191852627.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yetao1-msft ,

Thank you for the response.  I am aware of the Synch Slicers functionality.  If a User makes a selection using the Slicers, everything works fine.  My primary issue is if the User employs the Map Lasso to make a selection, it doesn't physically change the Slicer and hence there is no "synching" going on.  I am trying to find out how to convert the Lasso Selection into a Slicer Selection so the Table Detail page knows what to synch.  For the time being my only workaround is to disable the Lasso feature and have the User use the Slicers if they need to make multiple selections.  Not ideal, but the only way I know how to do this thus far as you mentioned in your reply.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Kind Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors