Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kewaynes
Helper III
Helper III

Icon Map Question

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the Icon Map. It's obviously and awesome visual and there's so much to learn about it. One thing I'm trying to figure out is, is it possible to both change the image of the lat/lon points AND also place polygons on the map? I know that they both use the WKT feature so not sure if they can somehow be simultaneously used.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

3 REPLIES 3
tgjones43
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @kewaynes did you find a solution for this? I'd really like to be able to display points and polygons in Icon Map and to be able to filter on a polygon name and the points not disappear!

I created kind of a janky solution. For every filter combination, I have a copy of the polygon in the record. So if there is a polygon that vehicle A, B & C were all in. The data shows a record for that polygon 3 times. That way if any of those vehicles are filtered to, the polygon will still show.

I believe the more efficient way to do this would be to map the polygons with geojson. Haven't really played around with that too much though so not sure exactly how that would work.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You may want to ask that question here Icon Map Capabilities and Guide - Microsoft Power BI Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.