Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

peterdeacon
Frequent Visitor

ITSM Tool reporting - Change Schedule If TODAY falls between dates

Hi all, 

Im Strying to single out records from out ITSM tool (ticket logging tool).  I have a change Schedule table where the Start and End Date and time are recorded.  

I'm looking for a way of seeing if a change is Occouring "today" to be able to filter records in a dashboard (For our Daily Operations Meetings)

The Logic  IF (AND ((Starttime) => TODAY())(Endtime <= Today()),TRUE, FALSE)

This would alow me to create a dashbaord tile that i could filter today that would show changes happening today as well as long changes scheduled over several days.

I have created an additional 'Custom column' containing "DateTime.LocalNow()" but when i try and use a 'Conditional Column'  to compare but the Formula window omplains the custom column is not a Date. 

Im at a stuck... Help?

Thanks in Advance

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Not sure if you did this, after you added custom column, please change the data type to Date and then test.

dtype.PNG

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Not sure if you did this, after you added custom column, please change the data type to Date and then test.

dtype.PNG

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Such a novice Error... Apologies.  I needed to remove the Time Stamps from the dates, thank you.

Glad it worked out, this is how we all learn Smiley Happy

Cheers,

P

2017-02-06 21_28_56-Ops Dashboard - Power BI.png

Looks and Works Beautifully

= Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns2", "ChangeToday", each if  [Today] >= [StartDate] and [Today] <= [EndDate] then "True" else "False" )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.