Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ISO Year

Hi all,

I'am receiving a error message using the following DAX formula, 'Expressions that yield variant data-type cannot be used to define calculated columns.'. I can't figure out what is wrong. The first part of the formula (before the second IF(AND) is working fine.

ISO YEAR = IF(AND(WEEKNUM(DateDIM2[datum];21) < 5 ; WEEKNUM(DateDIM2[datum];2) > 50) ; DateDIM2[Jaar]+1 ; IF(AND(WEEKNUM(DateDIM2[datum]; 21) > 50 ; WEEKNUM(DateDIM2[datum]; 2) < 5 ); DateDIM2[Jaar] - 1 ; DateDIM2[Jaar]))

Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Greetings Ronald

Ps. @fbrossard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Omega,

I found the solution. My Year column was formatted as text instead of a number value. This was the cause of the problem, because I was adding 1 to a text field. Thanks for replying. 

Greetings

Ronald

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Can you please share the PBIX and what are you trying to calculate?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Omega,

I found the solution. My Year column was formatted as text instead of a number value. This was the cause of the problem, because I was adding 1 to a text field. Thanks for replying. 

Greetings

Ronald

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.