Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rjhartop
Helper II
Helper II

ISFILTERED no longer accepts table arguments, what is the best alternative?

As said the new functionality for ISFILTERED does not accept table arguments:

rjhartop_0-1634910199244.png

Though it used to, as seen in this screengrab from DAX Guides:

rjhartop_1-1634910254987.png

I am unsure how best to identify if there is a direct filter on a column, without writing out every possible column in the table - there are many columns in the table and they can change over time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ISFILTERED works with a table argument, why are you saying that it doesn't work?

You might see a red line error in Power BI Desktop, just ignore it. IntelliSense has a bug there, hopefully MS will fix it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rjhartop
Helper II
Helper II

Ah yep, a combination of some odd bugs in my report, which now appear unconnected to ISFILTERED,  the red underlining bug and a difference between the two documentation sources made me assume there had been an update. Thanks for double checking. I will be much slower with asking for help next time - as was quite trigger happy in contacting you

ISFILTERED works with a table argument, why are you saying that it doesn't work?

You might see a red line error in Power BI Desktop, just ignore it. IntelliSense has a bug there, hopefully MS will fix it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.