Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ISFILTERED for related tables

Hello all

I have a Report with a main page, and few additional pages. The main page contains a slicer that is synced and hidden on the other pages. This slicer is the customer name.

I want to be every visual empty if no customername is selected on the first page. This worked for everything with the following measure:

HideIfNotFiltered = CALCULATE(IF(ISFILTERED('ssbi Customers'[Name]) || ISFILTERED('ssbi Customers'[ID]);1;0);ALLSELECTED('ssbi Customers'))

I put this measure in the visual level filter of the visuals.

But i have one matrix, containing also 2 columns from another table, when i put the measure into the filter there, it just loads (loading circle).

1.PNG

When i upload it and watch it in power BI Service it returns an error:

2.PNG

I think this is because the measure only returns the customers table, any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
copykai
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi B_Adams,

Does it work correctly if you choose a customer on the main page then?

Does the customer table have an active and valid relationship to the tables that uses the BestNettoShare and Pipeline?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @copykai 

Yes, when i select a customer on the main page it works just fine. All values are correct.

The relationship should be fine as well, otherwise the values wouldnt be correct, right?

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes, that is true.

Perhaps the table/matrix visual is not happy about the HideIfNotFiltered measure.

Maybe you can try a similar approach with a distinct count?

HideIfNotFiltered2 = CALCULATE(IF(DISTINCTCOUNT('ssbi Customers'[ID]);1;0);ALLSELECTED('ssbi Customers'))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @copykai 

Thanks for the tipp.

Unfortunately it returns in the same result. 

But i figuered out that if i delete the year column it works. So there are to many data. Just cant understand the connection, because it should be empty so no way the matrix shows to much data..

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.