Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srkase
Helper IV
Helper IV

INDIAN CURRENCY VALUE FORMAT

IN BI DESKTOP , MY VALUES ARE DISPLAYING IN INDIAN FORMAT.. 

EX 12,42,539

BUT WHEN I PUBLISH THE SAME TO DASHBOARD,

IT IS SHOWING AS 

I WANT TO FIX THIS ISSUE?

CAN ANY ONE PLS GUIDE

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

YES JI... THATS WHAT I HAVE DONE... I HAVE FIRST FINISHED ALL THE measures and calculations... then applied this for the last step to display the value..

View solution in original post

And its still not working? Or is it working now - because if you apply format as the last step over your whole calculation - I don't see any reason why you should get a conversion error. 

Would it be possible that you provide us with more info to your data or better the pbix file?

In the BI desktop it works good in the matrix view.. But when I applied the same in the online dashboard, the values are not displaying according to it.

11 REPLIES 11
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Srkase,

in Power BI Desktop I formatted the values like this here: 

Measure :=
VAR YourValue = SUM(Tabelle[Spalte "1"])
RETURN
SWITCH(TRUE(),
YourValue >=10000000, FORMAT(YourValue,"##\,##\,##\,##0"),
YourValue >=100000, FORMAT(YourValue,"##\,##\,##0"),
FORMAT(YourValue,"##,##0")
)

When I upload the report then it works and the correct format is shown. Does this solve your problem?
2019-08-30 09_50_43-Test - Power BI.png

Very Important Smiley Very Happy -> If you think that this post was helpful. Please share some Kudos 

THIS OPTION CONVERTS THE FORMAT INTO A TEXT .  WHEN GOING COMPARISON BETWEEN THIS VALUE AND A NORMAL NUMBER IT GIVES ME AN ERROR THAT TEXT CANNOT BE CONVERTED  TO DATA TYPE...

Hello Srkase,

I get your point but what if you calculate your measures/comparisons when they are still numbers and apply the FormatFunction  as the last step in your calculation before kinda "showing it on the report" what would speak against that thing?

BR,

Josef

YES JI... THATS WHAT I HAVE DONE... I HAVE FIRST FINISHED ALL THE measures and calculations... then applied this for the last step to display the value..

And its still not working? Or is it working now - because if you apply format as the last step over your whole calculation - I don't see any reason why you should get a conversion error. 

Would it be possible that you provide us with more info to your data or better the pbix file?

In the BI desktop it works good in the matrix view.. But when I applied the same in the online dashboard, the values are not displaying according to it.

Is it possible that you share your report? Because as you can see on my screenshot i used Power BI Service and it was showing the value as intended

6.jpg

I'm afraid you'll have to switch to ReportPage tooltips to solve the problem.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

BR,

Josef

Yes.. Jose.. it works fine now

sorry... In the matrix view's its working perfect...

But I have applied this measure in a tool tip of a chart. ... It doenst work there.

@srkase wrote:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.