Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Thackeb
Advocate I
Advocate I

IF with AND

Asking for assistance with a Dax using If(And) or Switch. Please note that my tables are read only and I'm limited with using regular Dax. 

Please assist if possible. Please note that my data tables are "read only" and I'm limited with what I can utilize. I cannot add calculated columns. In my Oracle/Hyperion query I have the following:

IF(Category_2 == "CUT SHEET PAPER" && PFX_NUM == "UNV" || PFX_NUM="OFF" || PFX_NUM== "IVR"|| PFX_NUM=="UFS") ("Excluded from Program") else ("Meets Criteria")

My thoughts are the below, however I can only add values, when trying to reference [Category 2] or [PFX_NUM]

IF(AND ([Category_2] = "CUT SHEET PAPER", [PFX_NUM] IN ("UNV","OFF","IVR","UFS"),

("Excluded from Program","Meet's Criteria")))

Is there a prior word such as ALL that I could add before [Category 2] or [PFX_NUM]?

My other thoughts were to CALCULATE Sales based on the conditions. 

All help is greatly appreciated! Happy Holidays!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Thackeb ,

You could create a measure:

measure = 
IF(Category_2 in {"CUT SHEET PAPER", other values} && PFX_NUM in {"UNV", "OFF", "IVR", "UFS"}, "Excluded from Program", "Meets Criteria")

You could also create slicers and use ALLSELECTED() or VALUES() function to get the dynamic value:

measure = 
IF(Category_2 in VALUES([column1]) && PFX_NUM in VALUES([column2]), "Excluded from Program", "Meets Criteria")

If you want to calculate Sales based on the above conditions, you could refer:

measure = 
CALCULATE(sum(sales),Filter(ALLSELECTED('table'),Category_2 in {"CUT SHEET PAPER", other values} && PFX_NUM in {"UNV", "OFF", "IVR", "UFS"}))

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Thackeb ,

You could create a measure:

measure = 
IF(Category_2 in {"CUT SHEET PAPER", other values} && PFX_NUM in {"UNV", "OFF", "IVR", "UFS"}, "Excluded from Program", "Meets Criteria")

You could also create slicers and use ALLSELECTED() or VALUES() function to get the dynamic value:

measure = 
IF(Category_2 in VALUES([column1]) && PFX_NUM in VALUES([column2]), "Excluded from Program", "Meets Criteria")

If you want to calculate Sales based on the above conditions, you could refer:

measure = 
CALCULATE(sum(sales),Filter(ALLSELECTED('table'),Category_2 in {"CUT SHEET PAPER", other values} && PFX_NUM in {"UNV", "OFF", "IVR", "UFS"}))

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@Thackeb,

I believe the "IN" function requires curly braces and you may have some parenthesis that are out of place.  Try:

IF(AND ([Category_2] = "CUT SHEET PAPER", [PFX_NUM] IN {"UNV","OFF","IVR","UFS"}),

"Excluded from Program","Meets Criteria")

I'm not an expert at writing syntax on the fly, so above may need a tweak or two.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.