Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ToddMate
Helper II
Helper II

IF related table contains values in multiple columns then update table A with a defined value..

Hi,

I have two tables, an Accounts table and a Services table.

The Accounts table contains the usual customer information and is linked to the Services table by the Account Number in a one to many relationship.

With the Services table I have a Status field and a Product field.

I am trying to determine if an Account has one or more Connected Mobiles on it.

The criteria would be:

Product = “Mobile”

I would like to store the value in the Accounts table with a “Yes” or “No” for future reporting.

Is anyone able to assist with this.

Cheers,

Todd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ToddMate 

Or you can add this column 

Has Mobile = 
VAR __checks =
COUNTROWS( 
    FILTER( 
        RELATEDTABLE( 'Services Table' ), 
        'Services Table'[Product] = "Mobile" 
        && 'Services Table'[Status] = "Connected"
    )
) > 0
RETURN 
IF( __checks, "Yes", "No" )

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
Mariusz Repczynski

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

@ToddMate  I have tried the same scenario with sample data, PFB the screenshot since i am unable to attach the data here:

first two is the sample data: Account table and service table:

scn1.JPGscn2.JPG'

I have created a calculated column in Account table with below DAX:

IF(CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(service[status],1),FILTER(service,Account[Account No]=service[account no]),service[Product]="Mobile")="Connected","Yes",IF(CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(service[status],1),FILTER(service,Account[Account No]=service[account no]),service[Product]="Mobile")="In Progres","No",""))

and then i selected Account No and the custom column, PFB the snapshot:

scn3.JPG

I hope this what you are expecting and you can change the DAX logic in case i misunderstood the Yes and No logic.

Please let me know if you need any explaination....Hope this will help !!

Regards,

Chayan Upadhyay

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

If you can provide a sample data to help you easier

@mussaenda , 

I can't attach a file in this forum post? I have done a screenshot of both sample tables: (relationship is One to Many on Account_Number)

The outcome i am trying to achieve is to populate the "Has Mobile" column (Yes/No) on the Accounts table where the criteria in the Services table is:

Product = Mobile

Status = Connected

Using this criteria i would like to see "Yes" in against Account Number 123 & 126. 127 would be No as the service is Disconnected and No should also appear for everything that is null. 

Accounts TableAccounts Table
Services TableServices Table
RelationshipRelationship

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ToddMate 

Or you can add this column 

Has Mobile = 
VAR __checks =
COUNTROWS( 
    FILTER( 
        RELATEDTABLE( 'Services Table' ), 
        'Services Table'[Product] = "Mobile" 
        && 'Services Table'[Status] = "Connected"
    )
) > 0
RETURN 
IF( __checks, "Yes", "No" )

Best Regards,
Mariusz

Mariusz Repczynski

@Mariusz  PERFECT! Thank you so much for your help.

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ToddMate 

You can use query editor for that, just copy this three tables in to Blank Queries.

Services Table

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjQyVtJR8s1PysxJBTKc8/PyUpNLUlOUYnVgkn5OfjhkAjLy87DpMoHrcsksTkaTNAUKO7oE+2DRZ4ZPnxk+d+KVNEeWxGKyBXavxAIA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Account Number" = _t, Product = _t, Styatus = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Account Number", Int64.Type}, {"Product", type text}, {"Styatus", type text}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

Services Pivot Product

let
    Source = #"Services Table",
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Styatus] = "Connected")),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Filtered Rows","Connected","Yes",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Styatus"}),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Replaced Value", List.Distinct(#"Replaced Value"[Product]), "Product", "Styatus", List.Median )
in
    #"Pivoted Column"

Accounts Table

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjQyVtJR8srMBZLBuZklGQpKsTogYROggFtRagpINj8vtRgqbArkeyQWFVUC6fCMzJJUqLgZkO+bmZ0KpIKAmiCC5kCeX2JRXipItXtRamoeVMICbCpIcXhmTk5mYi7Q+FgA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Account Number " = _t, FirtName = _t, LastName = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Account Number ", Int64.Type}, {"FirtName", type text}, {"LastName", type text}}),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Changed Type", {"Account Number "}, #"Services Pivot Product", {"Account Number"}, "Services Pivot Product", JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Services Pivot Product" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Services Pivot Product", {"Mobile"}, {"Mobile"}),
    #"Replaced Value" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Expanded Services Pivot Product",null,"No",Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Mobile"})
in
    #"Replaced Value"

Best Regards,
Mariusz

Mariusz Repczynski

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.