Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amty63
Helper III
Helper III

IF condition in New Measure. Unable to view all the tables.

Our requirement is to display refresh date from the table when column1="ABC". We are trying to usea measure for this..

we have a table where columns are names and refresh_date (with timestamp values) that is not join with other tables in relationships. Not required as well.

Need to use a IF condition  like below:

Refreshed Date = IF('TABLE'[column1]="ABC",'TABLE'[REFRESH DATE])

However, I am unable to see this specific tables which is not joined in the relationships.. there is no key where we could join with other tables..

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@amty63 

Where do you use the refreshed date? Do you have a calender table or fact based on which you pull the data? Or is it something you want to keep it as a slicer/filter in the visual?

Or simply bring in the two columns and use the Column1 in Visual filter and filter for value ABC

Sample Data:

Capture1.PNG

Filter Column1 for "ABC". You could hide the column1 and filter later.

Capture2.PNG

If this helps, Mark it as a solution.

Kudos are nice too.

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amty63 ,

I have created a sample for your reference, please have a check as below.

Refreshed Date = IF(MAX('TABLE'[Column1]) = "ABC", MAX('date'[date]))

Capture.PNG

If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@amty63 

Where do you use the refreshed date? Do you have a calender table or fact based on which you pull the data? Or is it something you want to keep it as a slicer/filter in the visual?

Or simply bring in the two columns and use the Column1 in Visual filter and filter for value ABC

Sample Data:

Capture1.PNG

Filter Column1 for "ABC". You could hide the column1 and filter later.

Capture2.PNG

If this helps, Mark it as a solution.

Kudos are nice too.

Connect on LinkedIn

I need to use refresh date in the top corner of the report page. There is no relationsips between the tables. I have a table where two columns are there .. name and date.

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@amty63 

See if the workaround helps.

If you don't need other rows in the table, you could filter in Edit queries/Transform data.

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.