Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pardeepd84
Helper III
Helper III

IF STATEMENT BASED ON MAX VALUE

Hello,

I have created a measure which I thought calculated the max  from a caculated column however when I have written the measure and added it into a matrix or table under values I have the option to change the value to sum, average, min, max etc.  Once I have changed it to max, by results appear correct though.  

I need to sum the values in two of the column (My MAX - only when the value is set to MAX though) and sum it with Emp ID in the table visual but it doesn't return the expected results. 

My max meaure is:

MY MAX = CALCULATE(MAX('table'[Same Visit]),
ALLEXCEPT('table', 'table'[Company Name], 'table'[customer ID], 'table'[Emp ID]))

Note = The column - same visit is a calculated column. 

What I need to do it count the 'my max'column with the emp id and if over 10 return "good" else "requires improvement".

Unfortuantely due to data protection I can't sgare the file/data but this is a screesnshot of the table visual:

pardeepd84_0-1619822961708.png

The two columns (results and if over 10 are what I am trying to acheive).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@pardeepd84 

"My Max" is a calculated column and you have set the calculation to MAX . If you can share a sample file then it would be great.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@pardeepd84 

"My Max" is a calculated column and you have set the calculation to MAX . If you can share a sample file then it would be great.

Hi @ Fowmy,

unfortunately due to data protection I am unable to share the data. 

I have created a measure to get the max based on a calculated and then used the ALL EXCEPT filter however although I have used the MAX function when I add it to a table visual it doesn't show the max, instead I have the option to get the average, min,max,standard deviation etc. Once I select MAX though and it gives me the results I require. From this calculation I now need to sum the rows for 2 columns when the values for "My Max" has been set to MAX.

I have managed to resolve this myself, no further assistance required for this query. 

@pardeepd84 

Gald you managed to solve it.  Happy to assist you in any future issues/questions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.