Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sya
Helper I
Helper I

IF Function with 2 Conditions and 2 Type

Hi All,

No. of RSO SentAgeing - JO IN to RSO (days)
4NO DATA
1NO DATA

I tried to create a measure that meets the following conditions: 3 RSO Sent Within 3 Working Days

So I used the following formula: 

3 RSO Sent in 3 Days = if(VALUE(Tracker[Ageing - JO IN to RSO])<=3 && VALUE(Tracker[No. of RSO Sent])>=3,"Yes","No")

But it resulted in the following error:
sya_0-1652247900314.png

Please advise on the correct formula. Thanks a lot.

Sya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sya 

You can create a calculated column to get you the output you're after:

Column = 

SWITCH (
TRUE () ,
'Table'[Ageing - JO IN to RSO (days)] = "NO DATA" , BLANK() ,
VALUE ( 'Table'[No. of RSO Sent] ) >= 3 && VALUE ( 'Table'[Ageing - JO IN to RSO (days)] ) <= 3 , "Yes" ,
"No" )

Attached is a PBIX file to assist.

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @sya 

Slightly modify your measure to the following:

3 RSO Sent in 3 Days = IFERROR ( IF ( VALUE Tracker[Ageing - JO IN to RSO] ) <= 3 && VALUE Tracker [No. of RSO Sent] ) >= "Yes" "No" ) , 0 )

So all you are doing is wrapping your existing measure with IFERROR ( [existing measure] , 0 ) which says if there's an error, then just return a 0. If you want it to be blank, then just change the 0 to BLANK() like below:

3 RSO Sent in 3 Days = IFERROR ( IF ( VALUE Tracker[Ageing - JO IN to RSO] ) <= 3 && VALUE Tracker [No. of RSO Sent] ) >= "Yes" "No" ) , BLANK() )

Hope this helps!

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Hi Theo,

I tried the formula that u shared but it results in the following:

sya_1-1652248892810.png

And the formula doesn't suggest columns that are already in the table, but only suggested my other created measures to be in the formula.

Sya

Hi @sya 

You can create a calculated column to get you the output you're after:

Column = 

SWITCH (
TRUE () ,
'Table'[Ageing - JO IN to RSO (days)] = "NO DATA" , BLANK() ,
VALUE ( 'Table'[No. of RSO Sent] ) >= 3 && VALUE ( 'Table'[Ageing - JO IN to RSO (days)] ) <= 3 , "Yes" ,
"No" )

Attached is a PBIX file to assist.

Theo 🙂

It's working! Thanks a lot, Theo. You rock! 🙂

Nothing at all @sya! A pleasure.

All the best with you BI journey mate!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.