Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Georg
Frequent Visitor

IF Function not working

Hi Experts,

I try an If function and it seems I am missing a very basic point.

The IF function is in the calculated column 'FilteredLevel' and referes to a calculated measure:

If Function.PNG

Since LevelH1 is not "L5" I expext to get "NO". The formula is not working as expected. What am I missing?

kind regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Georg

what's the formula behind measure [LevelH1]?

Thanks

Georg
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

the formula is

LevelH1:= VAR Lvl=
IF ( ISFILTERED ( [Level5] );
                    "L5";
                   IF(ISFILTERED(ProfitCenterH1[Level4]);
"L4";"XXX"))
return Lvl

I have a hierarchy with 8 levels. What I want to achieve is a column with the childs of the selected parent. E.G. if Level5 is selected the calculated column should display all members of Level6.

kind regards,

Georg

Hi @Georg,

You use ISFILTERED function in the LevelH1 measure, how do you judge if there is a filter? I create the simple data, and use the similar measure, it always return XXX. Could you please share your .pbix for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi George, 

if you are just looking at this in raw data then it's not currently filtered - what results do you get if you add the columns into a table within powerbi, ensuring you pull through the columns you are checking to see if they are filtered?

Dog

Georg
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

while LevelH1 is changing according to the selected level, FilteredLevel remains unchanged.

LevelIssu1.PNGLevelIssu2.PNG

kind regards,

Georg

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi George. 

you'll probably need to change the filteredlevel to a measure as well as calculated columns are only calculated the once. they do not get re calculated by filter changes. 

Dog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.