cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Booz Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

IF AND Statements in power query

I'm using power query and I would like to use IF & AND statement for the below formula that I had in Excel.

=IF(AND([@ShipByDate]<TODAY(),[@ShipDateByLine]=""),"Pending - late",IF([@ShipByDate]>=[@ShipDateByLine],"Shipped - On Time",IF(AND([@ShipByDate]>=TODAY(),[@ShipDateByLine]=""),"Pending - On Time","Shipped - Late")))

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Interkoubess Established Member
Established Member

Re: IF AND Statements in power query

Hi @Booz,

Please use this following formula in a calculated column and let me know if it does not work....

if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]<DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),[ShipByDate]=null}) then "Pending - late" else if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]>=[ShipDateByLine]}) then "Shipped - On Time" else if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]>=DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),[ShipByDate]=null}) then "Pending - On Time" else "Shipped - Late"

Ninter

Booz Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the solution Interkoubess.

There is a small detail with the formula I corrected the names on the columns (ShipDateByline) in the fomula and now there is only one last thing the "Pending on Time" is not poping up in the results I checked the formula several times but no solution yet for that part, any comments on this one? The rest of the formula works fine.

if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]<DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),[ShipDateByLine]=null}) then "Pending - late" else if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]>=[ShipDateByLine]}) then "Shipped - On Time" else if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]>=DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),[ShipDateByLine]=null}) then "Pending - On Time" else "Shipped - Late"

Thank you so much

7 REPLIES 7
Established Member

Hi @Boozm

Could you please share a sample data then I will make some try on it,

Anyway you can use List.AllTrue in order to retrieve your excel outcome.

Ninter

Booz Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Interkoubess,

Thanks for the reply, I will try List.AllTrue

About the sample data see below, basically I want to call on time delivery for 2 specific date columns one column ShipByDate (2033) and ShipDateByLine (2016).  Thanks for the help

SO #LineQTYShipByDateShipDateByLineOTDStatus
10113/3/203311/16/2016 

=IF(AND([@ShipByDate]<TODAY(),[@ShipDateByLine]=""),"Pending - late",IF([@ShipByDate]>=[@ShipDateByLine],"Shipped - On Time",IF(AND([@ShipByDate]>=TODAY(),[@ShipDateByLine]=""),"Pending - On Time","Shipped - Late")))

Established Member

Hi @Booz,

Please use this following formula in a calculated column and let me know if it does not work....

if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]<DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),[ShipByDate]=null}) then "Pending - late" else if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]>=[ShipDateByLine]}) then "Shipped - On Time" else if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]>=DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),[ShipByDate]=null}) then "Pending - On Time" else "Shipped - Late"

Ninter

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@Booz,

Do you persist to use Power Query? In Power BI Desktop, you are able to create a calculate column using the formula below.

Column=IF(AND(Table[ShipByDate]<TODAY(),Table[ShipDateByLine]=""),"Pending - late",IF(Table[ShipByDate]>=Table[ShipDateByLine],"Shipped - On Time",IF(AND(Table[ShipByDate]>=TODAY(),Table[ShipDateByLine]=""),"Pending - On Time","Shipped - Late")))

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Booz Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the solution Interkoubess.

There is a small detail with the formula I corrected the names on the columns (ShipDateByline) in the fomula and now there is only one last thing the "Pending on Time" is not poping up in the results I checked the formula several times but no solution yet for that part, any comments on this one? The rest of the formula works fine.

if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]<DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),[ShipDateByLine]=null}) then "Pending - late" else if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]>=[ShipDateByLine]}) then "Shipped - On Time" else if List.AllTrue({[ShipByDate]>=DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow()),[ShipDateByLine]=null}) then "Pending - On Time" else "Shipped - Late"

Thank you so much

Booz Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Lydia,

I used PowerBI too, but for this partucular project we wanted on power query. Thanky you.

a297410 Visitor
Visitor

i'm tying to check if the value in a colum is greater then 8 m and less than 8:15 am. Can you please help me with a formula for that?